For starters, in this week’s post, I’m not talking about the belt of truth as found in Ephesians 6:14. Although, that is a good one! However, I’m talking about putting on the truth as you go about your everyday life. Meaning, putting on the word of God and listening to it as you do life. The Bible says in Romans 10:17, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” You’ll be amazed at how much you learn, when you simply take the time to put on truth and listen to what God has to say to you through it.
Over this past weekend, as I was cleaning up my house, I had my little ones cleaning up like little worker bees. And as we all worked, I put on the Bible on CD and turned the volume up on the stereo system, so that we could all listen to it. Personally, as I listened, I was not only strengthened by it, but I learned some new things and gained understanding in verses that I’d read years before. Proverbs 4:7 tells us, “…with all thy getting get understanding.” What great wisdom!
Putting on the word was refreshing, thought-provoking, and spiritually enriching. I learned a lot as I cleaned my bedroom on that beautiful, summer Friday afternoon. As did my youngest son. I remember him walking into my bedroom and asking me questions about some things he’d heard as well. It actually opened up a fresh dialogue between us. Isn’t that awesome?!
With that being said, here are a few practical ways to putting on truth…
- As you’re putting on your make-up and combing your hair for the day, put on your Bible app from your smart phone or Bible on CD and listen with an open heart while you get ready
- Pray and ask the Lord which Book of the Bible to listen to as put it on. He may lead you to listen to the Book of Acts, 1 Peter, or Ephesians, etc. Wherever He leads you, press play and grow! 😉
- Listen to it as you do a morning run (I’ve done that while running a mile or two)
- Turn on the audio Bible while you’re washing dishes, sweeping the kitchen floor, folding clothes, cleaning your home office or bedroom
- Another good tip is while you’re driving into work or on a long drive
- You can also put it on while you’re sitting on your back patio or during your devotional time
- Go to YouTube and search for Bible verses on a particular area where you know that you need help such as faith, healing, overcoming fear or worry, doubt, etc. and listen to those topical Scriptures over and over again
- As you’re reading the Bible, put on the audio version and read along with it (don’t forget to pause along the way to highlight a few things that stand out to you or that need to pray about)
Well, I pray that these suggestions will help you not only put on the word, but also allow it to change your life and those whom you influence. If you’re not already doing some of these things, give it a try. I pray that the word of God will continue to strengthen you, instruct you, and increase your knowledge of who God is, and show you just how much Jesus cares for you. In these last days, we need to get deeper into the word of God so that we can be strengthened in our faith ourselves, but also to be ready to share what we’ve learned with others who need it, too. It’s time to put on truth, my sister.
Remember, Jesus is coming back soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out!
QUESTION: What are some ways that you put on truth? And which suggestion that I gave could you begin putting into application today?
Also, my NEW book is scheduled to release August 1st!!!! It’s entitled, “IDENTIFIED: Knowing Who You Are in Christ & Moving Forward in Your Purpose!” I’m pumped and I want you to GRAB it! PRE-BUY it today @ www.insideoutwithcourtnaye.org/identified! And share, share, share (tell other women too!). Thanks sis!
If Inside Out with Courtnaye is helping you, share it with other women you know. Invite your friends and family by sharing, tweeting, and hitting the “LIKE” button on my Facebook page! If you have any questions or need advice about something, feel free to email me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment to let me know how this post has helped you in some way. Thanks in advance and just know that Inside Out with Courtnaye is all about helping women grow stronger in their walk with Christ from the inside out (from the heart). Jesus is coming soon! Love you, sis!