By Inside Out with Courtnaye
Hey Sister! At the time of this writing, majority of us are being quarantined in our homes during the Coronavirus. So my question this week is “How are doing in there?” Are you sick or are you well? If you’re sick, I’m praying for you, sister. And if you’re well, take advantage of this down time, because when we’re all back out into the world and into our normal routines, we’ll be praying for some much needed quiet time or extra time catching up on things.
With that being said whether you’re working outside of the home, because you’re needed on the job or in the health field, or whether you’re quarantined at the moment, I want to suggest a few helpful tips during this time. Are you ready?
- Rest when you can
- Get up earlier to spend some time with the Lord in quiet (or stay up a little later, when everyone else is asleep)
- Study a book of the Bible (like really study – notebook, pen, highlighters, commentary, concordance, etc.)
- Memorize and meditate on Scripture (grab a few index cards or type them up)
- Read a few books that you’ve been wanting to read (now that things are slower-paced)
- Cultivate your gifts or research topics for your ministry, brand, or business (take good notes)
- Join a Facebook Group, connect, and grow together online
- Connect with family members, friends, mastermind groups, or bible study groups through Skype or Zoom
- Share the gospel, God’s Word, or encouragement with someone at the grocery store or online
- Do a puzzle with the family (even if it’s just you alone or with your spouse)
- Play games with your family or play one on your phone
- Watch a good movie (or a few good movies)
- Call a friend or family member that you haven’t chatted with in awhile
- Take a bubble bath and simply relax…
This time will eventually be over. So take advantage of this break. And remember, when we put God first and His righteousness, everything else will be added unto us (Matthew 6:33). God’s got us. He will supply all that we have need of, according to His riches in glory (Philippians 4:19). You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13).
So take care of yourself. Use wisdom. Be alert in all things. And until the next post…hang in there, sister. Literally.
Remember, Jesus is coming back soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out!
QUESTION: Again, how are you doing during this time? Which tips would you mostly likely want to use this week? Also, need prayer? If so, write it out here or you can email me directly to join you in prayer on it @ firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you and praying for you.